Skip to Main Content
Equations for predicting biomass in 2- to 6-year-old Eucalyptus saligna in HawaiiAuthor(s): Craig D. Whitesell; Susan C. Miyasaka; Robert F. Strand; Thomas H. Schubert; Katharine E. McDuffie
Source: Res. Note PSW-RN-402. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 5 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
Download Publication (472 KB)
DescriptionEucalyptus saligna trees grown in short-rotation plantations on the island of Hawaii were measured, harvested, and weighed to provide data for developing regression equations using non-destructive stand measurements. Regression analysis of the data from 190 trees in the 2.0- to 3.5-year range and 96 trees in the 4- to 6-year range related stem-only and total above-ground biomass to diameter at breast height and total height. Equations developed for each age class are recommended over equations developed for the combined data base (286 trees). For younger stands (<4-years) recommended equations include one based on diameter measurements only, thus simplifying field measurements.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWhitesell, Craig D.; Miyasaka, Susan C.; Strand, Robert F.; Schubert, Thomas H.; McDuffie, Katharine E. 1988. Equations for predicting biomass in 2- to 6-year-old Eucalyptus saligna in Hawaii. Res. Note PSW-RN-402. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 5 p
Keywordsbiomass equations, prediction equations, short rotation silviculture, Hawaii, Eucalyptus saligna
- Equations for predicting biomass of six introduced tree species, island of Hawaii
- Weighted linear regression using D2H and D2 as the independent variables
- Stem Profile for Southern Equations for Southern Tree Species
XML: View XML