Skip to Main Content
The Island Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 35.Author(s): Reid Schuller; Ron Halvorson
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-762. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 27 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (500 KB)
DescriptionThis guidebook describes The Island Research Natural Area, an 84-ha (208-ac) tract established to represent examples of the western juniper/big sagebrush/bluebunch wheatgrass (Juniperus occidentalis/Artemisia tridentata/Pseudoroegneria spicata), and the western juniper/big sagebrush-antelope bitterbrush/bluebunch wheatgrass (Juniperus occidentalis/Artemisia tridentata-Purshia tridentata/Pseudoroegneria spicata) plant associations.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchuller, Reid; Halvorson, Ron. 2008. The Island Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 35. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-762. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 27 p.
KeywordsResearch natural area, Juniperus occidentalis, western juniper, Artemisia tridentata, big sagebrush, Purshia tridentata, antelope bitterbrush, Pseudoroegneria spicata, bluebunch wheatgrass, Festuca idahoensis, Idaho fescue, Texosporium sancti-jacobi, woven-spored lichen, relict vegetation, juniper invasion, sagebrush steppe.
- Powell Butte Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 38.
- Native bunchgrass response to prescribed fire in ungrazed Mountain Big Sagebrush ecosystems
- Benjamin Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 36
XML: View XML