Skip to Main Content
Toxicity of stabilized and unstabilized pyrethrins applied to western spruce budwormAuthor(s): Robert L. Lyon; Jacqueline L. Robertson
Source: Res. Note PSW-RN-255. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 6 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (870 KB)
DescriptionStabilized pyrethrins were test in a laboratory spray chamber to provide information for planning field trials of this insecticide against the western spruce budworm (Choristoneura occidentalis Freeman). No significant differences were found in toxicity to instars 3 to 6. Stabilizers appear to have had no effect on basic contact toxicity. The commercial formulation of pyrethrins was as toxic as the laboratory formulated standard. Probably only slight residual activity can be expected. No effect on basic contact toxicity could be produced by increasing concentration through a range of about one order of magnitude.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLyon, Robert L.; Robertson, Jacqueline L. 1971. Toxicity of stabilized and unstabilized pyrethrins applied to western spruce budworm. Res. Note PSW-RN-255. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 6 p
KeywordsChoristoneura occidentalis, insecticide evaluation, contact toxicity, pyrethrins, environmental effects
- Toxicity of aerosols to larch casebearer larvae
- Contact toxicity of 14 insecticides tested on pine butterfly larvae
- Toxicity of insecticide aerosols to needle miner adults of the genus Coleotechnites
XML: View XML