Skip to Main Content
Powell Butte Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 38.Author(s): Reid Schuller; Ron Halvorson
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-773. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 20 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis guidebook describes Powell Butte Research Natural Area, a 210-ha (520-ac) tract established to represent examples of the western juniper/big sagebrush/Idaho fescue (Juniperus occidentalis/Artemisia tridentata/Festuca idahoensis) plant association, the western juniper/big sagebrush/bluebunch wheatgrass (Juniperus occidentalis/Artemisia tridentata/Pseudoroegneria spicata) plant association, and the western juniper/bluebunch wheatgrass (Juniperus occidentalis/Pseudoroegneria spicata) plant association.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchuller, Reid; Halvorson, Ron. 2008. Powell Butte Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 38. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-773. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 20 p.
KeywordsResearch natural area, Juniperus occidentalis, western juniper, Artemisia tridentata, big sagebrush, Pseudoroegneria spicata, bluebunch wheatgrass, Festuca idahoensis, Idaho fescue, juniper woodland, sagebrush steppe, Northern Great Basin, Oregon High Desert.
- The Island Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 35.
- Native bunchgrass response to prescribed fire in ungrazed Mountain Big Sagebrush ecosystems
- Benjamin Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 36
XML: View XML