Skip to Main Content
R1/R4 (Northern/Intermountain Regions) fish and fish habitat standard inventory procedures handbookAuthor(s): C. Kerry Overton; Sherry P. Wollrab; Bruce C. Roberts; Michael A. Radko
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. INT-GTR-346. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 73 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (0 B)
DescriptionThis handbook describes the standard inventory procedures for collecting fish habitat and salmonid fish species data for streams managed by the Northern (R1) and Intermountain (R4) Regions of the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. The inventory procedures are designed to define and quantify the structure, pattern, and dimensions of fish habitat; describe salmonid species composition, distribution, and relative abundance; and facilitate the calculation of summary statistics for habitat descriptors.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOverton, C. Kerry; Wollrab, Sherry P.; Roberts, Bruce C.; Radko, Michael A. 1997. R1/R4 (Northern/Intermountain Regions) fish and fish habitat standard inventory procedures handbook. Gen. Tech. Rep. INT-GTR-346. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 73 p.
Keywordsstream channels, quantifiable and repeatable parameters, fish composition and relative abundance, habitat typing, habitat variables, channel features
- Stream channels: The link between forests and fishes
- An analysis of potential stream fish and fish habitat monitoring procedures for the Inland Northwest: Annual Report 1999
- Guidelines for evaluating fish habitat in Wisconsin streams.
XML: View XML