Proceedings-Shrublands under fire: disturbance and recovery in a changing world; 2006 June 6-8; Cedar City, UTAuthor(s): Stanley G. Kitchen; Rosemary L. Pendleton; Thomas A. Monaco; Jason Vernon
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-52. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 190 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (7.0 MB)
DescriptionThe 27 papers in these proceedings are divided into five sections. The first includes an introduction to the symposium theme of Shrublands under Fire, along with a keynote address comparing ecosystem degradation in Iran with current problems in the semi-arid to arid Western United States. The next three sections cluster papers on invasive species, community dynamics and restoration, and fire recovery of shrubland ecosystems. The final section contains descriptions of two field trips; one focusing on the transitional zone between cold and warm desert systems, and the other on Great Basin shrublands and the Desert Experimental Range.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKitchen, Stanley G.; Pendleton, Rosemary L.; Monaco, Thomas A.; Vernon, Jason, comps. 2008. Proceedings-Shrublands under fire: disturbance and recovery in a changing world; 2006 June 6-8; Cedar City, UT. Proc. RMRS-P-52. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 190 p.
Keywordswildland shrubs, disturbance, recovery, fire, invasive plants, restoration, ecology, microorganisms
- Atlantic white cedar: ecology, restoration, and management: Proceedings of the Arlington Echo symposium
- Atlantic white-cedar (Chamaecyparis thyoides (L.) B.S.P.)
- Silvical characteristics of Atlantic white-cedar (Chamaecyparis thyoides)
XML: View XML