Skip to Main Content
A lesser frigatebird (Fregata ariel) in California: a first for the state and fourth for North AmericaAuthor(s): Brain L Sullivan; Marshall J. Iliff; Peter L. Ralph; C. J. Ralph; Steven T. Kelling
Source: North American Birds 61(4):540-545
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (5.0 MB)
DescriptionThis paper summarizes the occurrence and identification of California's first Lesser Frigatebird (Fregata ariel), a subadult female photographed on 15 July 2007 at Lanphere Dunes near Arcata, Humboldt Country. This record is the fourth of this species for North America and the first in the eastern Pacific Ocean of the Western Hemisphere.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSullivan, Brain L; Iliff, Marshall J.; Ralph, Peter L.; Ralph, C. J.; Kelling, Steven T. 2007. A lesser frigatebird (Fregata ariel) in California: a first for the state and fourth for North America. North American Birds 61(4):540-545
- Effects of Nitrogen Enrichment, Wildfire, and Harvesting on Forest-Soil Carbon and Nitrogen
- Uranium and radium concentrations in plants growing on uranium mill tailings in South Dakota
- Do wire fences stop ground fires?
XML: View XML