Skip to Main Content
California's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis Report.Author(s): Glenn A. Christensen; Sally J. Campbell; Jeremy S. Fried
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-763. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 183 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (8.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report highlights key findings from the most recent (2001-2005) data collected by the Forest Inventory and Analysis Program across all forest land in California. We summarize and interpret basic resource information such as forest area, ownership, volume, biomass, and carbon stocks; structure and function topics such as biodiversity, forest age, dead wood, and hardwood forests; disturbance topics such as insects and diseases, fire, invasive plants, and air pollution; and information about the forest products industry in California, including data on tree growth and mortality, removals for timber products, and nontimber forest products. The appendixes describe inventory methods in detail and provide summary tables of data, with statistical error, about the suite of forest characteristics inventoried.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChristensen, Glenn A.; Campbell, Sally J.; Fried, Jeremy S., tech. eds. 2008. California''s forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis Report. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-763. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 183 p.
KeywordsBiomass, carbon, dead wood, diseases, fire, forest land, insects, invasive plants, inventory, juniper, lichens, nontimber forest products, ozone, timber volume, timberland, wood products.
- Oregon's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report.
- Washington’s forest resources, 2002–2006: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report
- Forests of southeast and south-central Alaska, 2004–2008: five-year forest inventory and analysis report
XML: View XML