Skip to Main Content
Oregon's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report.Author(s): Joseph Donnegan; Sally Campbell; Dave Azuma
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-765. Portland, OR: U.S. Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 186 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (8.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report highlights key findings from the most recent (2001-2005) data collected by the Pacific Northwest Forest Inventory and Analysis (PNW-FIA) Program across all ownerships in Oregon. We present basic resource information such as forest area, land use change, ownership, volume, biomass, and carbon sequestration; structure and function topics such as biodiversity, older forests, dead wood, and riparian forests; disturbance topics such as insects and diseases, fire, invasive plants, and air pollution; and information about the forest products industry in Oregon, including data on tree growth and mortality, removals for timber products, and nontimber forest products. The appendices describe inventory methods and design in detail and provide summary tables of data, with statistical error, for the suite of forest characteristics sampled.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDonnegan, Joseph; Campbell, Sally; Azuma, Dave, tech. eds. 2008. Oregon''s forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-765. Portland, OR: U.S. Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 186 p.
KeywordsBiomass, carbon, dead wood, diseases, fire, forest land, insects, invasive plants, inventory, juniper, lichens, nontimber forest products, ozone, timber volume, timberland, wood products.
- Timber resource statistics for Oregon.
- Western juniper in eastern Oregon.
- A technique for identifying treatment opportunities from western Oregon and Washington forest survey plots.
XML: View XML