Skip to Main Content
Detection of land-use and land cover changes in Franklin, Gulf, and Liberty Counties, Florida, with multitemporal landsat thematic mapper imagesAuthor(s): Shufen Pan; Guiying Li
Source: In: Emerging Issues Along Urban-Rural interfaces II Proceedings: 169-173
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (761 KB)
DescriptionFlorida Panhandle region has been experiencing rapid land transformation in the recent decades. To quantify land use and land-cover (LULC) changes and other landscape changes in this area, three counties including Franklin, Liberty and Gulf were taken as a case study and an unsupervised classification approach implemented to Landsat TM images acquired from 1985 to 2005 provided a time-series of land use and land-cover data sets. Land-cover change maps derived from post-classification comparison provided information on the spatial distribution and types as well as amount of land cover changes. Results indicated that urban increased during past 20 years, especially in the second ten years, while forest/woody wetland increased in the first ten year but decreased in the second ten years. These data sets provide basic information fotither research such as land management and planning.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPan, Shufen; Li, Guiying. 2007. Detection of land-use and land cover changes in Franklin, Gulf, and Liberty Counties, Florida, with multitemporal landsat thematic mapper images. In: Emerging Issues Along Urban-Rural interfaces II Proceedings: 169-173
- A new generation of the United States National Land Cover Database: Requirements, research priorities, design, and implementation strategies
- Land cover and forest formation distributions for St. Kitts, Nevis, St. Eustatius, Grenada and Barbados from decision tree classification of cloud-cleared satellite imagery. Caribbean Journal of Science. 44(2):175-198.
- Image-based change estimation (ICE): monitoring land use, land cover and agent of change information for all lands
XML: View XML