Skip to Main Content
Chapter 10:Hardwoods for timber bridgesAuthor(s): James P. Wacker; Ed T. Cesa
Source: Undervalued hardwoods for engineered materials and components. Madison, WI : Forest Products Society ; Marquette, MI : Northern Initiative, c2005: Pages 115-134.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
PDF: Download Publication (1.23 MB)
DescriptionThis chapter describes the joint efforts of the Forest Service and the FHWA to administer national programs including research, demonstration bridges, and technology transfer components. Summary information on a number of Forest Service-WIT demonstration bridges constructed with hardwoods is also provided.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWacker, James P.; Cesa, Ed T. 2005. Chapter 10:Hardwoods for timber bridges. Undervalued hardwoods for engineered materials and components. Madison, WI : Forest Products Society ; Marquette, MI : Northern Initiative, c2005: Pages 115-134.
KeywordsWood in Transportation Program, wooden bridges, maintenance, repair, hardwoods, research, technology transfer, design, construction, review article, demonstration bridges
- Hardwoods for timber bridges : a national program emphasis by the USDA Forest Service
- Pennsylvania hardwood timber bridges : field performance after 10 years
- Field performance of timber bridges. 4, Graves Crossing stress-laminated deck bridge
XML: View XML