Skip to Main Content
Measuring soil moisture near soil surface...minor differences due to neutron source typeAuthor(s): Robert R. Ziemer; Irving Goldberg; Norman A. MacGillivray
Source: Res. Note PSW-RN-158. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 6 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (200 KB)
DescriptionMoisture measurements were made in three media?paraffin, water, saturated sand?with four neutron miusture meters, each containing 226-radium-beryllium, 227-actinium-beryllium, 238-plutonium-beryllium, or 241-americium-beryllium neutron sources. Variability in surface detection by the different sources may be due to differences in neutron sources, in length of source, or both.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZiemer, Robert R.; Goldberg, Irving; MacGillivray, Norman A. 1967. Measuring soil moisture near soil surface...minor differences due to neutron source type. Res. Note PSW-RN-158. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 6 p
Keywordssoil moisture measurement, neutron moisture meter soil moisture meter, soil surface moisture, vertical resolution, americium-beryllium, hydrometeorology
- Measuring soil moisture near soil surface ... minor differences due to neutron source type
- Effects of neutron source type on soil moisture measurement
- Soil moisture and groundwater recharge under a mixed conifer forest
XML: View XML