Skip to Main Content
Vascular flora and macroscopic fauna on the Fernow Experimental ForestAuthor(s): Darlene M. Madarish; Jane L. Rodrigue; Mary Beth Adams
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-291. Newtown Square, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 37 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (159.77 KB)
DescriptionThis report is the first comprehensive inventory of the vascular flora and macroscopic fauna known to occur within the Fernow Experimental Forest in north-central West Virignia. The compendium is based on information obtained from previous surveys, current research, and the personal observations of USDA Forest Service personnel and independent scientists. More than 750 documents on Fernow-related research have been published. The earliest report on the vegetation on what is now the experimental forest dates back to 1856.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMadarish, Darlene M.; Rodrigue, Jane L.; Adams, Mary Beth. 2002. Vascular flora and macroscopic fauna on the Fernow Experimental Forest. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-291. Newtown Square, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 37 p.
Keywordsamphibians, reptiles, macroinvertebrates, birds, mammals, Appalachian vegetation
- Effect on Streamflow of Four Forest Practices in the Mountains of West Virginia
- Effects of development of a natural gas well and associated pipeline on the natural and scientific resources of the Fernow Experimental Forest
- Fernow Experimental Forest: Research History and Opportunities
XML: View XML