Skip to Main Content
Utilização Do Sensor Airdas (Airborne Infrared Disaster Assessment System) no monitoramento de desflorestamentos no norte do estado do mato grosso - BrasilAuthor(s): Geraldo José Lucatelli Dória de Araújo; João Antônio Raposo Pereira; Tânia Maria Vieira da Silva; Helvécio Mafra; James A. Brass; Robert N. Lockwood; Robert G. Higgins; Philip J. Riggan
Source: Anais IX Simpósio Brasileiro de Sensoriamento Remoto, Santos, Brasil, 11-18 Setembro 1998, INPE, p. 1433-1441
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (799 KB)
DescriptionThis study has as objective to assess AIRDAS (Airborne Infrared Disaster Assessment System) sensor for the monitoring of deforestation in the northern area of Mato Grosso State, between the latitudes 10° and 12° south and longitudes 54° and 56° west, within the area known as deforestation arch. The results show that the main advantage of this sensor is the spatial resolution achieved, which allows the detection of highgreding areas, and several regeneration stages in previously exploited areas. It is concluded that AIRDAS sensor is efficient on deforestation monitoring, mainly in areas where there is a mix of exploitation methods.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLucatelli Dória de Araújo Junior, G.J.; Raposo Pereira, J.A.; Vieira da Silva, T.M.; Mafra, H.; Brass, J.A.; Lockwood, R.N.; Higgins, R.G.; Riggan, P.J. 2008. Utilização Do Sensor Airdas (Airborne Infrared Disaster Assessment System) no monitoramento de desflorestamentos no norte do estado do mato grosso - Brasil. Anais IX Simpósio Brasileiro de Sensoriamento Remoto, Santos, Brasil, 11-18 Setembro 1998, INPE, p. 1433-1441
- Can a sample of Landsat sensor scenes reliably estimate the global extent of tropical deforestation?
- Spatiotemporal models for data-anomaly detection in dynamic environmental monitoring campaigns
- Habitat and conservation status of the beaver in the Sierra San Luis Sonora, Mexico
XML: View XML