Skip to Main Content
Historical growth plots in the Pacific SouthwestAuthor(s): Lawrence A. Rabin; William W. Oliver; Robert F. Powers; Martin W. Ritchie; Matt D. Busse; Eric E. Knapp
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-213. Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. 83 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
Download Publication (4.0 MB)
DescriptionIn the past, researchers from the Pacific Southwest Research Station (PSW) undertook forest growth studies to evaluate how best to manage timber resources. However, historical and future data collected at PSW growth plots also have the potential to increase our understanding of the ecological processes occurring in our forests and shed light on national issues of importance. This report provides information on the history, geography, plant species studied, installation, and measurement interval of each plot along with a list of publications arising from data gathered at these plots. This will enable current and future researchers to reidentify these plots and continue research at these locations.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRabin, Lawrence A.; Oliver, William W.; Powers, Robert F.; Ritchie, Martin, W.; Busse, Matt, D.; Knapp, Eric E. 2009. Historical growth plots in the Pacific Southwest. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-213. Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. 83 p
KeywordsGrowth and yield plots, levels of growing stock (LOGS), initial spacing, methods of harvest cuttings, long term soil productivity (LTSP), Garden of Eden
- The search for forest facts: a history of the Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station, 19262000
- Experimental forests and ranges. Field research facilities of the Pacific Southwest Research Station.
- USDA Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station Sudden Oak Death Research Program: 2001-2005
XML: View XML