Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2007Author(s): Kas Dumroese; L. E. Riley
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-57. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 174 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThese proceedings are a compilation of the papers that were presented at the regional meetings of the forest and conservation nursery associations in the United States and Canada in 2007. The Northeastern Forest and Conservation Nursery Association meeting was held July 16 to 19 at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord, NH. The meeting was hosted by the New Hampshire State Forest Nursery. Subject matter for the technical sessions included seed collection, handling, and storage, soil management, seedling nutrition, disease management, and fumigation alternatives. Field trips included an afternoon tour of the New Hampshire State Forest Nursery in Boscawen, NH, and a full day tour of the White Mountain National Forest, including timber management and wilderness projects across the Kancamagus Highway, and Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest. The combined meeting of the Forest Nursery Association of British Columbia and the Western Forest and Conservation Nursery Association was held at the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney, BC, on September 17 to 19. The meeting was hosted by the Forest Nursery Association of British Columbia. Subject matter for the technical sessions included global climate change, business practices and marketing, forest nursery practices, nursery technology, disease management, and labor management. An afternoon field trip included tours of the Arbutus Grove Nursery Limited, Eurosa Gardens Limited, and Church and State Wines on the Saanich Peninsula.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDumroese, R. K.; Riley, L. E., tech. coords. 2008. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2007. Proc. RMRS-P-57. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 174 p.
Keywordsbareroot nursery, container nursery, nursery practices, fertilization, pesticides, seeds, reforestation, restoration, tree physiology, hardwood species, marketing
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2010
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2008
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2012
XML: View XML