Skip to Main Content
Seed storage and testing procedures used at Saratoga Tree Nursery, New York State Department of Environmental ConservationAuthor(s): David Lee
Source: In: Dumroese, R. K.; Riley, L. E., tech. coords. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2007. Proc. RMRS-P-57. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 51-54
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (245 B)
DescriptionThe New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Saratoga Tree Nursery maintains over 120 ha (300 ac) of seed orchard and seed production areas.With the help of New York State Corrections crews, cones and fruits of desired species are collected when ripe. Cones and fruits are transported back to the nursery, assigned a seedlot number according to species, stored on drying racks for about 3 months, and processed in the seed extractory located at the facility. All corresponding data is recorded for each seedlot; all germination tests are performed by nursery staff.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLee, David. 2008. Seed storage and testing procedures used at Saratoga Tree Nursery, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. In: Dumroese, R. K.; Riley, L. E., tech. coords. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2007. Proc. RMRS-P-57. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 51-54
Keywordsseed germination, conifer seeds, hardwood seeds
- Direct seeding of brushbox, lemon-gum eucalyptus, and cluster pine in Hawaii
- Proceedings of the 1992 Northeastern recreation research symposium; 1992 April 5-7; Saratoga Springs, NY. : Outdoor Recreation
- Proceedings of the 1993 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium; 1993 April 18-20; Saratoga Springs, NY. : Opening/Management Sessions
XML: View XML