Skip to Main Content
NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Atmospheric analyses datasetsAuthor(s): Glen E. Liston; Daniel L. Birkenheuer; Christopher A. Hiemstra; Donald W. Cline; Kelly Elder
Source: Journal of Hydrometeorology. 9(5): 952-956.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (175 B)
DescriptionThis paper describes the Local Analysis and Prediction System (LAPS) and the 20-km horizontal grid version of the Rapid Update Cycle (RUC20) atmospheric analyses datasets, which are available as part of the Cold Land Processes Field Experiment (CLPX) data archive. The LAPS dataset contains spatially and temporally continuous atmospheric and surface variables over Colorado, Wyoming, and parts of the surrounding states. The analysis used a 10-km horizontal grid with 21 vertical levels and an hourly temporal resolution. The LAPS archive includes forty-six 1D surface fields and nine 3D upper-air fields, spanning the period 1 September 2001 through 31 August 2003. The RUC20 dataset includes hourly 3D atmospheric analyses over the contiguous United States and parts of southern Canada and northern Mexico, with 50 vertical levels. The RUC20 archive contains forty-six 1D surface fields and fourteen 3D upper-air fields, spanning the period 1 October 2002 through 31 September 2003. The datasets are archived at the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) in Boulder, Colorado.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationListon, Glen E.; Birkenheuer, Daniel L.; Hiemstra, Christopher A.; Cline, Donald W.; Elder, Kelly. 2008. NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Atmospheric analyses datasets. Journal of Hydrometeorology. 9(5): 952-956.
KeywordsCold Land Processes Field Experiment (CLPX), Local Analysis and Prediction System (LAPS), dataset
- A meteorological distribution system for high-resolution terrestrial modeling (MicroMet)
- Mesocell study area snow distributions for the Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX)
- NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Field measurements of snowpack properties and soil moisture
XML: View XML