Skip to Main Content
NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Local scale observation siteAuthor(s): Janet Hardy; Robert Davis; Yeohoon Koh; Don Cline; Kelly Elder; Richard Armstrong; Hans-Peter Marshall; Thomas Painter; Gilles Castres Saint-Martin; Roger DeRoo; Kamal Sarabandi; Tobias Graf; Toshio Koike; Kyle McDonald
Source: Journal of Hydrometeorology. 9(6): 1434-1442.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.04 MB)
DescriptionThe local scale observation site (LSOS) is the smallest study site (0.8 ha) of the 2002/03 Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX) and is located within the Fraser mesocell study area. It was the most intensively measured site of the CLPX, and measurements here had the greatest temporal component of all CLPX sites. Measurements made at the LSOS were designed to produce a comprehensive assessment of the snow, soil, and vegetation characteristics viewed by the ground-based remote sensing instruments. The objective of the ground-based microwave remote sensing was to collect time series of active and passive microwave spectral signatures over snow, soil, and forest, which is coincident with the intensive physical characterization of these features.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHardy, Janet; Davis, Robert; Koh, Yeohoon; Cline, Don; Elder, Kelly; Armstrong, Richard; Marshall, Hans-Peter; Painter, Thomas; Saint-Martin, Gilles Castres; DeRoo, Roger; Sarabandi, Kamal; Graf, Tobias; Koike, Toshio; McDonald, Kyle. 2008. NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Local scale observation site. Journal of Hydrometeorology. 9(6): 1434-1442.
Keywordslocal scale observation site (LSOS), 2002/03 Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX), Fraser Experimental Forest
- NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Ground-based and near-surface meteorological observations
- Mesocell study area snow distributions for the Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX)
- NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Spaceborne remote sensing
XML: View XML