Skip to Main Content
NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Spaceborne remote sensingAuthor(s): Robert E. Davis; Thomas H. Painter; Don Cline; Richard Armstrong; Terry Haran; Kyle McDonald; Rick Forster; Kelly Elder
Source: Journal of Hydrometeorology. 9(6): 1427-1433.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (405 B)
DescriptionThis paper describes satellite data collected as part of the 2002/03 Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX). These data include multispectral and hyperspectral optical imaging, and passive and active microwave observations of the test areas. The CLPX multispectral optical data include the Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR), the Landsat Thematic Mapper/Enhanced Thematic Mapper Plus (TM/ETM ), the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS), and the Multi-angle Imaging Spectroradiometer (MISR). The spaceborne hyperspectral optical data consist of measurements acquired with the NASA Earth Observing-1 (EO-1) Hyperion imaging spectrometer. The passive microwave data include observations from the Special Sensor Microwave Imager (SSM/I) and the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer (AMSR) for Earth Observing System (EOS; AMSR-E). Observations from the Radarsat synthetic aperture radar and the SeaWinds scatterometer flown on QuikSCAT make up the active microwave data.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDavis, Robert E.; Painter, Thomas H.; Cline, Don; Armstrong, Richard; Haran, Terry; McDonald, Kyle; Forster, Rick; Elder, Kelly. 2008. NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Spaceborne remote sensing. Journal of Hydrometeorology. 9(6): 1427-1433.
Keywords2002/03 Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX), data, multispectral and hyperspectral optical imaging, passive and active microwave observations
- NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Airborne remote sensing
- NASA Cold Land Processes Experiment (CLPX 2002/03): Local scale observation site
- A technique for extrapolating and validating forest cover across large regions. Calibrating AVHRR data with TM data
XML: View XML