Skip to Main Content
Chapter 27. Seed testing requirements and regulatory lawsAuthor(s): Richard Stevens; Kent R. Jorgensen
Source: In: Monsen, Stephen B.; Stevens, Richard; Shaw, Nancy L., comps. Restoring western ranges and wildlands, vol. 3. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-136-vol-3. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 733-738
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (125 B)
DescriptionFederal and State seed laws require that seed used on range and wildland sites be officially tested and appropriately labeled or tagged. It is the responsibility of the seed distributor (who may be the producer, collector, or broker) toward the end user to properly tag each container of seed to comply with these laws. An analysis tag is always required. If seed has been Certified, a seed certification tag will also be attached.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStevens, Richard; Jorgensen, Kent R. 2004. Chapter 27. Seed testing requirements and regulatory laws. In: Monsen, Stephen B.; Stevens, Richard; Shaw, Nancy L., comps. Restoring western ranges and wildlands, vol. 3. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-136-vol-3. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 733-738
Keywordsrehabilitation, revegetation, plant ecology, seed, plant communities, wildlife habitat, invasive species, equipment, plant materials, native plants
- Chapter 29. Production and use of planting stock
- Chapter 24. Seed collection, cleaning, and storage
- Chapter 25. Shrub and forb seed production
XML: View XML