Skip to Main Content
Single curved fiber sedimentation under gravityAuthor(s): Xiaoying Rong; Dewei Qi; Guowei He; Jun Yong Zhu; Tim Scott
Source: Computers and mathematics with applications. Vol. 55 (2008): Pages 1560-1567.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (600 KB)
DescriptionDynamics of single curved fiber sedimentation under gravity are simulated by using the lattice Boltzmann method. The results of migration and rotation of the curved fiber at different Reynolds numbers are reported. The results show that the rotation and migration processes are sensitive to the curvature of the fiber.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRong, Xiaoying; Qi, Dewei; He, Guowei; Zhu, Jun Yong; Scott, Tim. 2008. Single curved fiber sedimentation under gravity. Computers and mathematics with applications. Vol. 55 (2008): Pages 1560-1567.
KeywordsLattice Boltzmann simulation, fiber suspensions, curved fibers, curvature, Reynolds number, flocculation, papermaking, particles, dispersion, fiber properties, particle shape, fiber curvature, sedimentation analysis, flexibility, Boltzmann method
- Single curved fiber sedimentation under gravity
- Correlation of fiber shape measures with dilute suspension properties
- Comparison of fiber length analyzers
XML: View XML