Skip to Main Content
American beech (Fagus grandifolia)Author(s): Roswell D. Carpenter
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: Download Publication (618 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCarpenter, Roswell D. 1974. American beech (Fagus grandifolia). FS-220
KeywordsAmerican wood, Fagus grandifolia, Geographical distribution, Wood properties, Wood utilization, Anatomy, Growth
- Regeneration of American Beech (Fagus Grandifolia Ehrh.) in Michican: Interactions of Beech Bark Disease and Management Practices
- Genome-wide association study identifies a major gene for beech bark disease resistance in American beech (Fagus grandifolia Ehrh.)
- Hot callusing for propagation of American beech by grafting
XML: View XML