Skip to Main Content
BirchAuthor(s): Robert L. Brisbin; David L. Sonderman
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: Download Publication (531 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrisbin, Robert L. ; Sonderman, David L. 1973. Birch. FS-221
KeywordsAmerican wood, Betula alleghaniensis, Betula lenta, Betula papyrifera, Geographical distribution, Wood properties, Wood utilization, Anatomy, Growth
- Ozone-induced H2O2 accumulation in field-grown aspen and birch is linked to foliar ultrastructure and peroxisomal activity
- Habitat of birds in ponderosa pine and aspen/birch forest in the Black Hills, South Dakota
- Germination of Yellow and Paper Birch Seeds After 8 Years Storage
XML: View XML