Skip to Main Content
Butternut (Juglans cinerea L.)Author(s): James G. Schroeder
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (258 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchroeder, James G. 1972. Butternut (Juglans cinerea L.). FS-223
KeywordsAmerican wood, Juglans cinerea, Geographical distribution, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization, Nuts, Growth
- Butternut (Juglans cinerea) annotated bibliography.
- Morphological and molecular methods to identify butternut (Juglans cinerea) and butternut hybrids: relevance to butternut conservation
- Screening butternut and butternut hybrids for resistance to butternut canker
XML: View XML