Skip to Main Content
American chestnut (Castanea dentata (Marsh. Borkh.)Author(s): Joseph R. Saucier
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (253 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSaucier, Joseph R. 1973. American chestnut (Castanea dentata (Marsh. Borkh.). FS-230
KeywordsAmerican wood, Castanea dentata, Geographical distribution, Anatomy, Growth, Blight, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- The Silvics of Castanea dentata (Marsh.) Borkh., American chestnut, Fagaceae (Beech Family)
- Leaf physiology and morphology of Castanea dentata (Marsh) Borkh., Castanea mollissima Blume, and three backcross breeding generations planted in the southern Appalachians, USA
- Sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.)
XML: View XML