Skip to Main Content
Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco)Author(s): Bernard T. Bormann
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (362 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBormann, Bernard T. 1960. Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco). FS-235
KeywordsAmerican wood, Pseudotsuga menziesii, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Effects of heat treatment on some physical properties of Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) wood
- Virulence of Fusarium oxysporum and F. commune to Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) seedlings
- Impacts of hemlock decline and ecological considerations for hemlock stand restoration following hemlock woolly adelgid outbreaks
XML: View XML