Skip to Main Content
Western hemlock (Tsuga heterophylla (Raf.) Sarg.)Author(s): James M. Cahill
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: Download Publication (218 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCahill, James M. 1984. Western hemlock (Tsuga heterophylla (Raf.) Sarg.). FS-240
KeywordsAmerican wood, Tsuga heterophylla, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Spatial distribution and succession of epiphytes on Tsuga heterophylla (western hemlock) in an old-growth Douglas-fir forest
- Western hemlock as a veneer resource.
- Prediction of transverse shrinkages of young-growth Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis) and western hemlock (Tsuga heterophylla) with ultrasonic measurements
XML: View XML