Skip to Main Content
Magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora and Magnolia virginiana)Author(s): Louis C. Maisenhelder
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (203 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMaisenhelder, Louis C. 1970. Magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora and Magnolia virginiana). FS-245
KeywordsAmerican wood, Magnolia grandiflora, Magnolia virginiana, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- The influence of alternative plant propagation and stand establishment techniques on survival and growth of eastern cottonwood (Populus deltoids Bartr.) clones
- An Afforestation System for Restoring Bottomland Hardwood Forests: Biomass Accumulation of Nuttall Oak Seedlings Interplanted Beneath Eastern Cottonwood
- Eastern redcedar (Juniperus virginiana L.)
XML: View XML