Skip to Main Content
Sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.)Author(s): Edwin Kalio; Carl H. Tubbs
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (262 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKalio, Edwin ; Tubbs, Carl H. 1980. Sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.). FS-246
KeywordsAmerican wood, Acer saccharum, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Field identification of birdseye in sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.)
- Spatial relationships between sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh), sugar maple decline, slope, aspect, and atmospheric deposition in northern Pennsylvania
- Bark thickness related to tree diameter in sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.)
XML: View XML