Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Oak (quercus L.)Author(s): Ivan L. Sander; Howard N. Rosen
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (454 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSander, Ivan L. ; Rosen, Howard N. 1985. Oak (quercus L.). FS-247
KeywordsAmerican wood, Quercus, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Additivity in tree biomass components of Pyrenean oak (Quercus pyrenaica Willd.)
- Underplanting to sustain future stocking of oak (Quercus) in temperate deciduous forests
- Draft genome sequence of the fungus associated with oak-wilt mortality in South Korea, Raffaelea quercus-mongolicae KACC44405
XML: View XML