Skip to Main Content
Osage-orange (Maclura pomifera Raf. Schneid.)Author(s): James D. Burton
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: Download Publication (302 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBurton, James D. 1973. Osage-orange (Maclura pomifera Raf. Schneid.). FS-248
KeywordsAmerican wood, Maclura pomifera, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Philadelphus L.: mock orange
- Managing invasive populations of Asian longhorned beetle and citrus longhorned beetle: a worldwide perspective
- Biological control of citrus thrips, Scirtothrips citri, by predaceous phytoseiid mites
XML: View XML