Skip to Main Content
Lodgepole pine (Pinus contorta Dougl. ex Loud.)Author(s): David P. Lowery
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (224 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLowery, David P. 1984. Lodgepole pine (Pinus contorta Dougl. ex Loud.). FS-253
KeywordsAmerican wood, Pinus contorta, Growth, Geographical distribution, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Early performance of Pinus contorta x banksiana hybrids
- Five-year operational trial of verbenone to deter mountain pine beetle (Dendroctonus ponderosae); Coleoptera: Scolytidae) attack of lodgepole pine (Pinus contorta).
- Earthworms, arthropods and plant litter decomposition in aspen (Populus tremuloides) and lodgepole pine(Pinus contorta) forests in Colorado, USA
XML: View XML