Skip to Main Content
Ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa Dougl. ex Laws.)Author(s): David P. Lowery
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (148 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLowery, David P. 1984. Ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa Dougl. ex Laws.). FS-254
KeywordsAmerican wood, Pinus ponderosa, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Wood properties of immature ponderosa pine after thinning
- Geographic variation in ponderosa pine leader growth
- Pezizalean mycorrhizas and sporocarps in ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa) after prescribed fires in eastern Oregon, USA.
XML: View XML