Skip to Main Content
Southern pines : loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.), longleaf pine (Pinus palustris Mill.), shortleaf pine (Pinus echinata Mill.), slash pine (Pinus elliottii Engelm.)Author(s): Louis I. Gaby
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (852 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGaby, Louis I. 1985. Southern pines : loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.), longleaf pine (Pinus palustris Mill.), shortleaf pine (Pinus echinata Mill.), slash pine (Pinus elliottii Engelm.). FS-256
KeywordsAmerican wood, Pinus taeda, Pinus palustris, Pinus echinata, Pinus elliottii, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, , Wood utilization, Forest Management, Southeast
- Assessing the impact of wood decay fungi on the modulus of elasticity of slash pine (Pinus elliottii) by stress wave non-destructive testing
- Slash Pine (Pinus Elliottii), Including South Florida Slash Pine: Nomenclature and Description
- Parameterization of the 3-PG model for Pinus elliottii stands using alternative methods to estimate fertility rating, biomass partitioning and canopy closure
XML: View XML