Skip to Main Content
Eastern spruceAuthor(s): M. D. Ostrander
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: Download Publication (538 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOstrander, M. D. 1974. Eastern spruce. FS-263
KeywordsAmerican wood, Picea glauca, Picea mariana, Picea rubens, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Effect of ecosystem disturbance on diversity of bark and wood-boring beetles (Coleoptera: Scolytidae, Buprestidae, Cerambycidae) in white spruce (Picea glauca (Moench) Voss) ecosystems of Alaska.
- Fire history and fire management implications in the Yukon Flats National Wildlife Refuge, interior Alaska
- Effect of tree-ring detrending method on apparent growth trends of black and white spruce in interior Alaska
XML: View XML