Skip to Main Content
Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis (Bong.) Carr.)Author(s): A. S. Harris
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: View PDF (299 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHarris, A. S. 1984. Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis (Bong.) Carr.). FS-265
KeywordsAmerican wood, Picea sitchensis, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Prediction of transverse shrinkages of young-growth Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis) and western hemlock (Tsuga heterophylla) with ultrasonic measurements
- Rooting sitka spruce from southeast Alaska.
- Lumber yield from sitka spruce in southeastern Alaska.
XML: View XML