Skip to Main Content
American sycamoreAuthor(s): Robert G. McAlpine; Milton Applefield
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: Download Publication (301 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcAlpine, Robert G. ; Applefield, Milton. 1973. American sycamore. FS-267
KeywordsAmerican wood, Platanus occidentalis, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Influence of Cutting Cycle and Spacing on Coppice Sycamore Yield
- Height Growth of American Sycamore in Southeastern Louisiana
- Extended Planting Seasons for Sycamore and Cottonwood
XML: View XML