Skip to Main Content
Black walnut (Juglans nigra)Author(s): George Rink
Publication Series: FPL Factsheets
PDF: Download Publication (379 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRink, George. 1985. Black walnut (Juglans nigra). FS-270
KeywordsAmerican wood, Juglans nigra, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Genetic transformation of black walnut (Juglans nigra)
- Black walnut as a crop, Black Walnut Symposium, Carbondale, Illinois, August 4-15, 1973.
- JnCML-like, an EF-hand motif-containing gene seasonally upregulated in the transition zone of black walnut (Juglans nigra L.)
XML: View XML