Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Maple (Acer species)Author(s): H. S. Betts
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (567 B)
DescriptionAn American wood. Description of the distribution, growth, habit, wood, and wood properties of the species. Includes bibliographical references.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBetts, H. S. 1959. Maple (Acer species). FS
KeywordsAmerican wood, Acer, Geographical distribution, Growth, Anatomy, Wood properties, Wood utilization
- Sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.)
- Field identification of birdseye in sugar maple (Acer saccharum Marsh.)
- Shading aboveground L-joint and lap-joint tests : comparison of white pine and sugar maple test assemblies
XML: View XML