Skip to Main Content
How to distinguish Douglas fir from Sitka spruce lumberAuthor(s): Forest Products Laboratory
Source: Technical note ; D2
Publication Series: Technical Note
PDF: View PDF (89 B)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationForest Products Laboratory 1919. How to distinguish Douglas fir from Sitka spruce lumber. Technical note ; D2
KeywordsWood anatomy, Identification
- Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis (Bong.) Carr.)
- Prediction of transverse shrinkages of young-growth Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis) and western hemlock (Tsuga heterophylla) with ultrasonic measurements
- Growth and survival of a sitka spruce plantation in coastal Oregon.
XML: View XML