Skip to Main Content
Development of a Computer Vision Technology for the Forest Products Manufacturing IndustryAuthor(s): D. Earl Kline; Richard Conners; Philip A. Araman
Source: Proceedings, All-Division 5 Conference Forest Products. 2: 875
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (21 KB)
DescriptionThe goal of this research is to create an automated processing/grading system for hardwood lumber that will be of use to the forest products industry. The objective of creating a full scale machine vision prototype for inspecting hardwood lumber will become a reality in calendar year 1992. Space for the full scale prototype has been created at the Brooks Forest Products Center at Virginia Tech. The lumber handling component of this system has been designed, built, and delivered to Virginia Tech. The computer systems for controlling the lumber handling system and collecting/analyzing image data has arrived. The color imaging systems have been tentatively designed and tested. What remains is to integrate all the various components together and to use the resulting system to create a commercially useful technology for solving a number of hardwood forest products manufacturing problems.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKline, D. Earl; Conners, Richard; Araman, Philip A. 1992. Development of a Computer Vision Technology for the Forest Products Manufacturing Industry. Proceedings, All-Division 5 Conference Forest Products. 2: 875
- Computer Vision Hardware System for Automating Rough Mills of Furniture Plants
- A Multiple Sensor Machine Vision System for Automatic Hardwood Feature Detection
- A Machine Vision System for Automatically Grading Hardwood Lumber - (Proceedings)
XML: View XML