Skip to Main Content
Utilization of Oregon’s timber harvest and associated direct economic effects.Author(s): Krista M. Gebert; Charles E. Keegan; Sue Willits; Al. Chase
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-532. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 16 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (652 KB)
DescriptionWith more than 16 million acres of commercial timberland, Oregon’s forest products industry is an important part of Oregon’s economy and a major player in the Nation’s wood products market. Despite declining production over the last decade, in 1998 Oregon was still the leading producer of softwood lumber and plywood in the United States, and the timber harvested in Oregon is the major supplier of the raw material used by Oregon’s wood-processing mills. This report traces the flow of Oregon’s 1998 timber harvest through the various primary wood-using industries and investigates the relations between the harvest and key economic variables such as the value of production, employment, and workers’ earnings. Also included is a section on Oregon’s secondary wood products industry.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGebert, Krista M.; Keegan, Charles E., III; Willits, Sue; Chase, Al. 2002. Utilization of Oregon’s timber harvest and associated direct economic effects. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-532. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 16 p
KeywordsWood products industry, timber harvest, economic effects, employment, labor income, sales value, Oregon
- Oregon's forest products industry and timber harvest 2013 with trends through 2014
- Domestic market activity in solid wood products in the United States, 1950-1998.
- Alaska's timber harvest and forest products industry, 2005
XML: View XML