Skip to Main Content
Climate change assessmentsAuthor(s): Linda A. Joyce
Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Climate Change Resource Center. Online: http://www.fs.fed.us/ccrc/topics/assessments.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (140 B)
DescriptionThe science associated with climate and its effects on ecosystems, economies, and social systems is developing rapidly. Climate change assessments can serve as an important synthesis of this science and provide the information and context for management and policy decisions on adaptation and mitigation. This topic paper describes the variety of climate change assessments, their motivations, contents, and their scientific review processes.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJoyce, Linda A. 2008. Climate change assessments. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Climate Change Resource Center. Online: http://www.fs.fed.us/ccrc/topics/assessments.
Keywordsclimate change, assessments
- Assessing and adapting to climate change in the Blue Mountains, Oregon (USA): Overview, biogeography, and climate
- The effects of climate change on agriculture, land resources, water resources, and biodiversity in the United States
- Executive summary
XML: View XML