Skip to Main Content
Alaska's timber harvest and forest products industry, 2005Author(s): Jeff M. Halbrook; Todd A. Morgan; Jason P. Brandt; Charles E. Keegan; Thale Dillon; Tara M. Barrett
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-787. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 30 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (1.5 MB)
DescriptionThis report traces the flow of timber harvested in Alaska during calendar year 2005, describes the composition and operations of the state's primary forest products industry, and quantifies volumes and uses of wood fiber. Historical wood products industry changes are discussed, as well as trends in timber harvest, production, and sales of primary wood products.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHalbrook, Jeff M.; Morgan, Todd A.; Brandt, Jason P.; Keegan, Charles E., III; Dillon, Thale; Barrett, Tara M. 2009. Alaska''s timber harvest and forest products industry, 2005. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-787. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 30 p
KeywordsForest economics, lumber production, mill residue, primary forest products, timber-processing capacity.
- Alaska’s timber harvest and forest products industry, 2011
- California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2006
- The Four Corners timber harvest and forest products industry, 2007
XML: View XML