National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2008Author(s): R. K. Dumroese; L. E. Riley
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-58. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 124 p. Online: http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/pubs/rmrs_p058.html
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (4.0 MB)
DescriptionThese proceedings are a compilation of 27 papers that were presented at the regional meetings of the forest and conservation nursery associations in the United States in 2008. The Western Forest and Conservation Nursery Association meeting was held at the DoubleTree Hotel in Missoula, Montana, on June 23 to 25. The meeting was hosted by the Montana Conservation Seedling Nursery in Missoula. Subject matter for the technical sessions included energy efficiency and alternative energy in the nursery, alternative growing media components and amendments, and general nursery topics. Afternoon field trips included tours of the Montana Conservation Seedling Nursery and the Confederated Salish and Kootenai tribal forestry nursery outside Ronan, Montana. The Southern Forest Nursery Association meeting was held July 21 to 24 at the Crown Plaza Resort in Asheville, North Carolina. The meeting was hosted by the North Carolina Division of Forest Resources Linville River Nursery. Subject matter for the technical sessions included nursery culture and management, weed management, fumigation alternatives, insect and disease management and resistance programs. Field trips included an afternoon tour of the North Carolina Division of Forest Resources' Linville River Nursery, and an afternoon tour of the Biltmore House grounds, gardens, and winery.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDumroese, R. K.; Riley, L. E., tech. coords. 2009. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2008. Proc. RMRS-P-58. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 124 p. Online: http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/pubs/rmrs_p058.html
Keywordsbareroot nursery, container nursery, nursery practices, fertilization, pesticides, seeds, reforestation, restoration, tree physiology, hardwood species
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2011
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2010
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2007
XML: View XML