Uneven-aged silviculture and management in the western United States: Proceedings of an In-service Workshop; Redding, California; October 19-21, 1976Author(s): Carl M. Berntsen; A. P. Mustian; Carter B. Gibbs; David A. Marquis; Donald T. Gordon; Jerry F. Franklin; Marvin W. Foiles; Robert O. Curtis; Dale O. Hall; Robert R. Alexander; Carleton B. Edminster; Robert E. Phares
Source: Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Timber Management Research. 137 p.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (8.0 MB)
DescriptionThe 1976 National Silviculture Workshop was held in Eugene, Oregon, on October 13-15, 1976. The objectives were to discuss second growth management of individual stands, with particular emphasis on the control of stand density.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Berntsen, Carl M.; Mustian, A. P.; Gibbs, Carter B.; Marquis, David A.; Gordon, Donald T.; Franklin, Jerry F.; Foiles, Marvin W.; Curtis, Robert O.; Hall, Dale O.; Alexander, Robert R.; Edminster, Carleton B.; Phares, Robert E. 1977. Uneven-aged silviculture and management in the western United States: Proceedings of an In-service Workshop; Redding, California; October 19-21, 1976. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Timber Management Research. 137 p.
Keywordssilviculture, uneven-age management, forest health, resources, second growth management, stand density
- Proceedings of the National Silviculture Workshop: Density of Stocking Control; Eugene, Oregon; October 13-15, 1976
- Tree-centered spot firing - a technique for prescribed burning beneath standing trees.
- Volume and Growth Predictions for Thinned Even-Aged Natural Longleaf Pine Stands in the East Gulf Area
XML: View XML