National Silviculture Meeting: Forestry to meet special objectives (A look at uneven-aged management); Marquette, Michigan; September 10-14, 1973Author(s): Michael A. Barton; Louis J. Verme; Robert E. Radtke; Berwyn O. Reed; William T. Plass; Stephen G. Boyce
Source: Milwaukee, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Eastern Region. 201 p.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (3.0 MB)
DescriptionAs a matter of policy and good forest resource management, the Forest Service will manage the timber resources on the National Forests to achieve the various multiple use objectives established for the respective management units. In so doing, we are not to be bound to any particular system of management as the primary system, but we are to prescribe and use the system of management and the cutting methods associated with that system which will best fit the resource conditions and needs of the situation at hand. Consequently, we must be prepared to prescribe and apply correctly uneven-aged management and selection cutting to the same level of expertness that we can even-aged management. The purpose of this meeting is to develop between disciplines and between both the policy and decision-making levels and the doing levels better understanding of the complexities of uneven-aged management and to equip all the participants, for more expert and effective application of the techniques and cutting methods available to uneven-aged management.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Barton, Michael A.; Verme, Louis J.; Radtke, Robert E.; Reed, Berwyn O.; Plass, William T.; Boyce, Stephen G. 1973. National Silviculture Meeting: Forestry to meet special objectives (A look at uneven-aged management); Marquette, Michigan; September 10-14, 1973. Milwaukee, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Eastern Region. 201 p.
Keywordssilviculture, uneven-age management, forest health, resources
- Economic considerations of uneven-age hardwood management
- Assessing regeneration potential
- Stand, Harvest, and Equipment Interactions in Simulated Harvesting Prescriptions
XML: View XML