Uneven-aged silviculture and management in the eastern United States: Proceedings of an In-Service Workshop; Morgantown, West Virginia; July 15-17, 1975Author(s): Warren T. Doolittle; A. P. Mustain; Carter B. Gibbs; David. A. Marquis; Barton M. Blum; Carl H. Tubbs; W. B. Leak; S. F. Gingrich; H. Clay Smith; Paul S. DeBald; LaMont G. Engle; Robert E. Phares
Source: Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Timber Management Research. 155 p.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (8.0 MB)
DescriptionThe workshop, summarized in this Proceedings, represented a joint effort by personnel from Research, National Forest System, and State and Private Forestry, to review the state-of-the-art knowledge about the applicability of uneven-aged silviculture and management in the eastern United States. One major objective of this review was to develop a much better mutual understanding of the definition of uneven-aged silviculture and management. A number of research gaps and research needs were also identified. Many of these needs are already being incorporated into the program planning for several research work units in the four eastern Experiment Stations. In addition, many of the papers presented at this workshop should serve as interim working guides for forest managers in better understanding the complexities of uneven-aged silviculture and management of public and private forest lands throughout the eastern United States until some of the needed research can be completed.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Doolittle, Warren T.; Mustain, A. P.; Gibbs, Carter B.; Marquis, David. A.; Blum, Barton M.; Tubbs, Carl H.; Leak, W. B.; Gingrich, S. F.; Smith, H. Clay; DeBald, Paul S.; Engle, LaMont G.; Phares, Robert E. 1975. Uneven-aged silviculture and management in the eastern United States: Proceedings of an In-Service Workshop; Morgantown, West Virginia; July 15-17, 1975. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Timber Management Research. 155 p.
Keywordssilviculture, uneven-age management, forest health, resources
- Workshop on Functional Aspects of Regeneration of the Boreal Forest in the Context of Sustainable Forest Management
- Spatial ecology and behavior of eastern box turtles on the hardwood ecosystem experiment: pre-treatment results
- The development of uneven-aged southern pine silviculture before the Crossett Experimental Forest (Arkansas, USA)
XML: View XML