Skip to Main Content
Chapter 8: Demographic characteristics and population modelingAuthor(s): Scott H. Stoleson; Mary J. Whitfield; Mark K. Sogge
Source: In: Finch, Deborah M.; Stoleson, Scott H., eds. Status, ecology, and conservation of the Southwestern Willow Flycatcher. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-60. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 83-94.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (70 B)
DescriptionAn understanding of the basic demography of a species is necessary to estimate and evaluate population trends. The relative impact of different demographic parameters on growth rates can be assessed through a sensitivity analysis, in which different parameters are altered singly to assess the effect on population growth. Identification of critical parameters can allow managers to focus their efforts on factors most likely to increase populations.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStoleson, Scott H.; Whitfield, Mary J.; Sogge, Mark K. 2000. Chapter 8: Demographic characteristics and population modeling. In: Finch, Deborah M.; Stoleson, Scott H., eds. Status, ecology, and conservation of the Southwestern Willow Flycatcher. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-60. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 83-94.
Keywordssouthwestern willow flycatcher, endangered species, riparian, Southwest, exotic woody plants, rivers, recovery, habitat restoration, Neotropical migratory bird, brown-headed cowbird
- Status, ecology, and conservation of the southwestern willow flycatcher
- Chapter 3: Threats
- Chapter 1: Introduction of the conservation assessment concept
XML: View XML